Friends of Denton Gardens
1920's Ornamental Park
Denton Gardens is a public ornamental gardens located just to the east of the Steyne Gardens Conservation Area in central Worthing.
Gifted to the people of Worthing in 1922 by Alderman J.G. Denton, the gardens incorporate a delightful sunken garden at the northern end and a characterful 1920s shelter adjacent to the promenade to the south.
For those who enjoy a peaceful walk away from the bustling crowds on the beach, Denton Gardens offers a respite of green space to relax and enjoy the tranquility. Set beside a grade II listed Georgian terrace, the gardens attract dog walkers, picnickers, joggers and for those with a fun, competitive nature, an ever popular 18 hole mini-golf course.
Friends of Denton Gardens aim is to celebrate all that Denton Gardens is and has to offer, and to help preserve its character for future generations. As we approach the centenary of Denton Garden’s opening, we, the beneficiaries of Alderman Denton’s gift, all have a duty to preserve it into the next century.